Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My respond to Food, Inc.


The section of the movie that interested me the most was "The Dollar Menu”.  Growing up with immigrant parents who had to work all the time, my mother also went for cheap and convenient.  And cheap and convenient is always the worst choice of food you could make.  I remember eating Chinese food at least 2 twice a night, and pizza and the others.  If we were lucky to have my mother home, we had a home cook meal.  My mother knew what we were eating was unhealthy but fruits and vegetables were very expensive.  The little fruits and vegetables my father used to bring home were only bought because the fruits and vegetables were already beaten up, and therefore no one really wanted them (except us of course).

Maria also brings up a great example of how soda, chips and sweets are so affordable and therefore so easy to keep at home. This makes me really upset because everyone should be able to have fruits and vegetables at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment